SUDA Chairman’s Report
29th November 2008
I would like to take this opportunity to welcome all of you to our A.G.M. My thanks to all the trustees and supporters who participated in the activities and dedicated many voluntary hours of work in supporting the aims of SUDA this past year. Thanks in particular to the Todd family for hosting us this evening as they have always done in the past years.
Together we have proudly achieved several things:
Health Centre Project 2007
• Funds were raised through small events and with great help from St. Peter’s Catholic Church – Covenant with the Poor
• Building of the Kalalasi Health Centre
• Building two tanks for storing water harvested from the health centre roof
• Production of Documentary DVD about the project which we are going to show on 6th December at the United Church Jewry Street 2-4
Matai Secondary School Bunk Beds Project
• Raised funds with the help of The Westgate School in Winchester
• The process is under way to sign a contact with the local carpenter who is going to start making beds soon.
Kalalasi Greening Project
• With the help of SUDA funds the tree nursery was established
• 15,000 saplings to be distributed to the villages at the beginning of December
• The target is 50,000 saplings (trees) planted by 2011 in and outside the village
• We will raise funds to equip the Kalalasi Health Centre with laboratory equipment.
• One microscope has already been donated while we are still waiting for another one from the NHS to be handed to us
• You can see the complete list of the equipment they need attached
Thank you very much for making a difference.
Mbeka M. Chifunda